Bankstown Golf Club (BGC) has 90 years of history and holds a firm place in Sydney’s rich Golf antiquity, with the 18 hole course being considered in the top ten in Sydney. It is a sort after destination to many keen golfers both members and visitors alike, attracting up to 1000 rounds of golf played each week and is located in the southwestern Sydney suburb of Milperra with easy access from the M5. The club house offers a bar, bistro with seating for 90, TAB, Keno, gaming and function room facilities.
BGC has a strong focus on golf and the course has long been recognised as one of the leading venues for golf in South Western Sydney, enjoying ‘Group One’ status under the earlier course ranking regime.
In recent years BGC has continued its investment into its golf course and is reviewing its longer-term aspirations for the clubhouse. The new maintenance and practice facilities are attracting new members and visitors to hone their golfing skills and enhance their enjoyment.
The Club is seeking a new General Manager.
This role requires an enthusiastic ‘very hands on’ Club Manager who is able to improve clubhouse operations and financial results. Reporting directly to the Board of Directors and Executive Committee, the General Manager will have the responsibility and authority to be the primary change agent in the business.
The successful applicant will need to be experienced in all facets of club operations with a strong focus in customer relations
Responsibilities of the position include:
- Roles and responsibilities as Company Secretary pursuant to the Australian Corporations Act
- Roles and responsibilities of Club Secretary pursuant to the NSW Registered Clubs Act
- Roles are responsibilities of Licensee pursuant to the NSW Liquor Act
- Develop and initiate ideas to improve business performance
- General management of club facilities
- Financial management and reporting
- Ensure compliance with the clubs’ statutory requirements
- Work collaboratively with the board of directors
- Flexible attitude to working hours, must be able to work according to the demands of the business with a hands-on approach.
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience in a club in a senior management role
- Proven success to drive and improve performance
- Sound financial knowledge
- Proven astute business acumen
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prepare and work within pre-determined operating budgets
- Previous project management or capital works management would be an advantage
- Accreditation in Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) and Responsible Conduct of Gaming (RCG) within NSW
- Achieve a National Police Check
- Understanding of laws as they relate to the organisation, including Industrial Relations laws and Work Health and Safety laws a distinct advantage.
To attract applicants that will have the specific talent and skill set an attractive salary package will be offered which will include a base salary and performance-based Bonuses.
To apply please got to: https://bit.ly/2RFKHLW