Windsor Country Golf Club is a private members golf club which is accessible to the public, located in the Hawkesbury District of north western Sydney with a great history spanning over 50 years. The course offers a challenge to players of all levels and presents a warm and friendly atmosphere to all persons who play golf and/or visit the club.
The Board of Directors is seeking the services of a qualified and experienced person who will be the Club’s General Manager and who possesses the wherewithal to lead and manage the Club to grow the business, its revenue and economise on existing operations.
The General Manager will be expected to deal with all stakeholders to develop and implement strategies which will demonstrate profitability whilst protecting existing assets of the Club.
The successful candidate will bring a sound knowledge of internal controls and systems and a thorough understanding of financial management reporting.
It is a requirement and is expected that there will be flexibility of working hours for this position.
- Effectively manage the operational activities of the Club, under the direction and with the delegated authority of the Board.
- Hold the liquor licence on behalf of the Club and be the Secretary of the company for ASIC purposes.
- Fulfil the obligations specified by the NSW Registered Club’s Act.
- Facilitating, provide guidance and information to the Board to enable it to fulfil its responsibilities, arising from the Corporations Act and the NSW Registered Club’s Act, and to also ensure compliance with other relevant legislation and regulations.
- Prepare financial reports and present to the Board
- Build relationships by demonstration of excellent people management skills with all stakeholders including Members, staff, the Board, contactors, suppliers and the public
- Management of functions, food and beverage operations of the club
- Representing the Club professionally at all times.
To be considered for this role you will bring;
- Previous hospitality management experience in a club or similar business with particular skills in areas of internal controls and governance
- A capacity to manage a business of this nature and size including catering, beverage and hospitality.
- Sound understanding of the Licensed Clubs gaming business.
- Ability to develop and implement a business plan in line with the values and strategic direction of the business which includes setting, implementing and delivery of budget strategies.
- Proven capacity to recruit, manage and motivate staff in an empathetic manner.
- An understanding of business marketing and how to use social media.
- Sound base in financial management
- Excellent computer management skills
- The ability to facilitate and support the work of a Board to fulfil its governance responsibilities
- Knowledge of golf operations is preferred but not essential
A salary package will be negotiated based on qualifications and experience.
For full details and to apply please go to: https://bit.ly/2DJMiws