Tocumwal is perfectly located at the gateway to New South Wales and Victoria and is only a three-hour drive North of Melbourne.
Tocumwal is a small but vibrant town on the Murray River at the start of the Newell Highway. It has a population of around 2700, an airfield that attracts international gliders and a newly constructed splash park, Tocumwal offers a unique lifestyle. This holiday town attracts thousands of visitors to the surrounding beaches each year for fishing and recreational boating.
The Tocumwal Golf & Bowls Club offers modern Clubhouse facilities to over 2400 members, their guests and visitors. The Clubhouse facilities includes 71 gaming machines, TAB/KENO, a la carte/bistro, function facilities, state of the art bowling greens and a well renowned 36-hole championship golf course which is the home of the PGA Southern Division Trainee Championships.
The Board of Directors is seeking the services of a suitably qualified and experienced person who will lead the Club, grow its revenue and economise on the Club’s expenditures. The General Manager will be expected to deal with all stakeholders to develop and implement a cohesive strategic plan, to make best use of, and protect the assets of the Club.
It would be expected there would be flexibility of working hours due to the nature of the position.
The scope of this role will include:
- effectively manage the operational activities of the Club, under the direction and with the delegated authority of the Board.
- hold the liquor licence on behalf of the Club.
- fulfil the obligations specified by the NSW Registered Club’s Act.
- facilitating, provide guidance and information to the Board to enable it to fulfil its responsibilities, arising from the Corporations Act and the NSW Registered Club’s Act, and to also ensure compliance with other relevant legislation and regulations.
- leading the Club’s staff to deliver high quality and friendly service to Club members and to visitors using the Club, in a hands-on manner.
- representing the Club professionally at all times.
To be considered for this role you will have:
- a capacity to manage a business of this nature and size including catering, beverage and hospitality.
- sound understanding of the Licensed Clubs gaming business.
- ability to develop and implement a business plan in line with the values and strategic direction of the business which includes setting, implementing and delivery of budget strategies.
- proven capacity to recruit, manage and motivate staff in an empathetic manner.
- an understanding of business marketing and how to use social media.
- the ability to facilitate and support the work of a Board to fulfil its governance responsibilities.
- the appreciation of the games of golf and bowls
To apply please go to: https://bit.ly/2Fmn48p