The Yass Valley is in the Southern Tablelands of NSW, a regional area boasting a proud aboriginal, strong colonial and innovative agricultural history. Yass Valley is located 280km southwest of the Sydney CBD, 600km northeast of the Melbourne CBD and 60km north of the Canberra CBD.
Sharing a border with our Nation’s Capital, Yass Valley residents have unique work and education opportunities whilst living in a rural environment. The daily commuter and school transport options that are available make Yass Valley accessible and convenient to live in the rural countryside and still work, study or play in the National Capital.
The Yass Golf Course is a fully irrigated 18-hole grass green course measuring 5193 metres with a Par of 68, a Scratch Rating of 66 and a Slope Rating of 112. The course is a great test of golf for the beginner or the professional golfer. The Golf Club Professional has a well-equipped Golf Shop.
The Yass Golf Club is a small country Club with 350 members and a turnover of $750,000 per annum. The Club facilities include a dining room and recently renovated kitchen, a sports bar, lounge bar, functions area, beer garden and a gaming room with eight gaming machines.
The Club is seeking a new General Manager with the motivation and skills to work with the management Board and membership to move the Club forward.
The position of General Manager requires you to:
- Be the Licensee for the Liquor Licence
- Manage all human resources including contractors, paid staff and volunteers
- Manage the restaurant and kitchen, bar facilities and gaming machines
- Coordinate with the yearly golf competition program for members and visitors
- Coordinate with the operation, care and management of the golf course
- Ensure all plant and machinery is regularly serviced and properly maintained and all chemicals are used correctly
- Assist to prepare the annual budget
- Implement marketing programs and activities which promote the Club to its members and the wider community
- Manage the sponsorship of golf competitions and tee signs
You will bring to this role:
- Previous experience as a Hospitality Manager
- The ability to lead, train and motivate a team
- A good knowledge and experience of all operational areas of a Club/Venue
- A strong customer service focus
- Proven success marketing a venue
- Financial management and reporting experience
- A hands-on approach
- A knowledge of compliance and legislative issues relating to Registered Clubs
- Ability to work collaboratively with a Board of Directors
- Hold current RSA and RCG Certificates
- Flexibility to work across 7 days and nights
- A knowledge and understanding of golf would be an advantage
The salary package for the position is negotiable and based on your skills and experience.
Please apply through the advertisement on the White Now website by clicking here: https://bit.ly/2S2QvzK