Ocean Shores – the Community
The coastal town of Ocean Shores is part of the picturesque Byron Shire, a popular domestic and international tourist destination. Ocean Shores has a population of approximately 8,000 permanent residents and is close to the towns of Byron Bay, Brunswick Heads, Billinudgel and Mullumbimby.
Residents have unique work and lifestyle opportunities while living in a beautiful coastal and green environment. The community promotes numerous cultural and festive activities that attracts regional and international interest.
The town is located:
- 15 minutes north of Byron Bay and 5 minutes from Brunswick Heads
- 30 minutes south of Tweed Heads and the Gold Coast Airport (domestic and international)
- 30 minutes north of the town of Ballina and airport
- 1.5 hours to Brisbane City and the Brisbane Airport (domestic and international)
Situated on a hilltop, the Club boasts spectacular panoramic hinterland and ocean views looking all the way down to Cape Byron Lighthouse.
The Club hosts a renowned Championship golf course, two bowling greens, swimming pool, Restaurant, full bar facilities, function rooms, gaming facilities with 35 gaming machines and a Kids Club. The Club has approximately 550 golf members, 160 bowls members and 2500 social members.
The Restaurant/Bistro is open seven days a week and is managed by an independent caterer.
The Club operates retail space that manages golf and bowls bookings, hire of golf buggies, golf lessons from the Club Professional. The area is managed by Golf Club Professional and experienced staff.
Purpose of the Position
The Club is seeking a new General Manager with the skills and motivation to lead a team of employees to achieve the Club’s objectives. You will need to operate at or above Industry standards and comply with all relevant legislative and regulatory obligations. This includes directing and managing the Club to ensure it is community oriented and commercially viable in the long term, through providing cost-effective and high-quality services.
This includes but is not limited to:
- Developing proposals for the strategic direction of the Club
- Driving the profitability of all business segments including functions, conferences and sponsorship development
- Preparing monthly Board Reports, Financial Statements & Budgets
- Hold the Club’s Liquor License and ensure compliance with its conditions
- Manage all human resources including paid staff, volunteers and contractors
- Demonstrating professionalism and integrity always, so that Club members and the Board are confident in the leadership of their Club
- Providing timely and accurate operational information to the Board of Directors
- Implementing Club policies (as determined in conjunction with the Board of Directors) on a day to day basis
Reporting to the Board, you will need to demonstrate the following attributes:
- Business acumen
- Effective written and oral communication skills, including production of Financial and Board reports and presentation
- Co-ordinate the activities of the Club’s sub-committees
- Ability to lead, train and motivate a diverse group
- Ability to implement a customer service culture
- Knowledge of compliance and legislation relevant to Registered Clubs
- Responsible for all gaming activities within the Club, including but not limited to TAB and Keno
- Coordinate all aspects of the day to day running of the Club with a hands-on approach where required
- Supervise the enhancements and maintenance of Club Information and Technology systems
- Maintain or establish the Club’s community activities, in accordance with the Board’s direction
- Promote the Club and associated sporting feats in local media and print organisations
- Knowledge of Golf and Bowls
A competitive remuneration package is offered, commensurate with the responsibilities of the position along with your skills and experience. This will be reviewed annually in line with performance.
For details and to apply go to: https://bit.ly/2S759WZ