What is the BMI Program?
The Club Managers Association of America (CMAA) introduced the Business Management Institute (BMI) Program in 1988 as a way of promoting a “lifetime professional development program”.
The program is comprised of a number of courses offering core units covering all facets of club management and is now delivered in New Zealand plus multiple countries around the world.
BMI programs a series of week-long courses designed for managers at every stage of their careers, offering the following courses:
- BMI I – Club Management
- BMI II – Leadership Principles
- BMA III – General Manager/CEO
- BMI IV – Tactical Leadership
- BMI V – Strategic Leadership
Each course will be a 5 day, 40-hour intensive course designed for golf industry managers. These courses can be complimented along the way with other shorter programmes. Completing BMI 1, 2, & 3 will lead to participants achieving Certified Club Manager (CCM) designation.
Below is a BMI Course Sample for your information
BMI 1 is a 5 day, 40-hour intensive course designed to cover Club Management. This is also an excellent opportunity to build your network and exchange ideas over a week of learning with other senior club staff.
The program takes a tangible, hands-on approach to each subject and provides successful candidates with an internationally recognised qualification.
- Human Resources Development
- Management and Delegation
- Employment Legalities and Issues
- Effective Communications
- Time Management
- Food and Beverage Management
- Introduction to Accounting & Financial Management
- Financial Statements
- Membership Marketing
- Wine Appreciation and Knowledge
- Basic Introduction to wine
- Classic Matching of Wine and Food
- Service in clubs
- Professional Image
- Golf Operations
- Lumina Spark: Personality Assessment