The Western Australian Golf Club was established in 1928 and is well respected within the Australian golfing community, regularly ranked in the top 50 courses in the Country. It has a fully subscribed membership of approximately 1,300 and maintains a strong financial position. The Club has recently undertaken substantial upgrades to its Clubhouse which has further enhanced the facility, with a new Pro Shop and verandah overlooking the course providing a stunning outlook to the Perth City skyline.
The Club’s Board seeks to secure the services of an innovative, forward-thinking General Manager to oversee the operations of the Club, liaise between the management and Board, provide effective leadership and deliver a great experience for the Members. The new General Manager will be expected to understand the golfing industry, its opportunities and challenges, and drive the Club forward.
The General Manager will build upon the Club’s current foundations, formulate and implement the next 10-year strategic plan, and look for opportunities to further enhance the Club’s position.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a senior leadership position preferably at a General Manager level
- Proven leadership qualities – overseeing senior managers and sizeable teams of at least 30 people and 4 direct reports
- Previous responsibility for full P&L of at least $4M
- An understanding of the private golf club and hospitality business sectors
- Direct experience managing food and beverage operations and special events
- A relevant Bachelor degree in business administration or finance, hospitality or sports administration
- Strong business acumen with strategic focus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
All applicants must have the right to work in Australia.
This is a full-time position and ability to work weekends (as required) and several evenings during each month is essential.
Attractive remuneration package will be offered commensurate with background and experience.
For a confidential conversation with respect to this position please contact Tony Taylor at Taylor Executive Recruitment on 0488 180 175. All discussions and information will be treated with the highest level of confidentiality.
An executive search process is being undertaken in conjunction with this advertisement.
To apply for this role, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting 2018GOLFGM.
Applications must be received on or before 6 April 2018.
In accordance with our standard policy only short-listed applicants will be contacted.