This is a great opportunity to apply your leadership, hospitality and business experience to lead one of country Victoria’s premier golf clubs.
Since 1895, Ballarat Golf Club has been providing members and guests with memorable experiences. In 2009, the Club re-located nearby to its new high-quality 18-hole golf course and clubhouse with accompanying hospitality, gaming and golf services.
The Club is in a strong and stable position. It has a clear future direction via its Strategic Plan (2016-2020) and is well-placed for continued growth and success within the expanding Ballarat community.
The club is now seeking a new general manager to lead the Club. You will be actively involved in all aspects of the Club and responsible for all operations. Your priorities will be:
- Providing the best member and guest experiences;
- Driving the Club’s financial performance and position – particularly via membership, hospitality and gaming;
- Leading the execution of the strategic plan.
To be successful you will possess the following key performance attributes:
- Demonstrated leadership with a focus on delivering high-quality member and guest experiences by a high-performing service team;
- A proven track record in growing revenue from membership, hospitality, gaming, functions and golf (including green fees);
- A high-degree of business acumen to ensure the efficient and effective operation of the Club, with an emphasis on continuous improvement.
Also, you will have excellent organisational skills with a willingness and versatility to work collaboratively with the Club’s board, committees, employees and contractors. It is essential you be friendly, independent and a motivated person with strong communication and personal skills that match the Club’s culture.
Golf experience is desirable. However, if you are currently employed outside the golf industry and possess considerable hospitality experience, then you are strongly encouraged to apply.
An appropriate remuneration package will be offered commensurate with the role.
Applications are being managed by WellPlayed Golf Business Consultancy and close Friday 4 May for immediate commencement.
Please e-mail your application, including an explanation of how your skills and experience satisfy the key performance attributes, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information please contact Guy Chapple from WellPlayed on 0417 034 684 or via email as referenced.