Bexley Golf Club is situated in Sydney’s South and is a boutique par 64 course with a steep history. Established in 1908, Bexley Golf Club is a Company Limited by Guarantee and is governed by a Board of Directors.
The Club is seeking a full time General Manager who can drive profitable growth in golf operations, expand the membership base, and expand its food and beverage turnover through membership, events and functions. This is an outstanding opportunity to make a difference with the newly elected Boards vision for the future.
Reporting to the President, the GM will lead the day to day operations of the Club with a primary focus on member satisfaction. The person is responsible to the Board for managing all aspects of the Club’s business, embracing golf operations, hospitality, gaming, marketing and communications, member services, finance and administration, course management and maintenance of all assets.
This role manages the relationships between the Board of Directors, members, guests, employees, community, government and industry. The General Manager must run a seamless business operation across all areas of the business to maximise all income streams and profitability. You must have a strong people focus on both Members and staff and will be able to bring fresh ideas and perspective to the club.
This role will be responsible for:
- Implementing and developing Club policy and procedures
- Operations management
- Staff and Contractor Management
- Developing and implementing marketing strategies
- Financial management
- Ensuring legislative compliance across the Club
- Working closely with the Board to develop strategic direction for the club
- Promotion of the Club and its facilities in the local community and the broader golf market
- Meet or exceed mutually agreed KPI’s
Educational Level, Skills and Aptitudes required for this position:
- At least three years in a General Management role, with Golf Club or similar experience including food and beverage, functions, business acumen and financial management,
- Proven track record in revenue growth, promotion and retention of club membership, strong working relationships with the Board, Committees and engagement across all aspects of the Club. A strong focus on member and guest satisfaction is essential,
- Experience in marketing including use of digital and social media,
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills and experience at effectively executing business plans and strategies and clearly communicating mission, vision and objectives,
- Tertiary qualifications including marketing would be well regarded,
- Ability to effectively manage staff and maintain a high level of morale, productivity and employee engagement,
- Hold current RSA and RCG Certifications.
The General Management position requires an unwavering determination to deliver results that will ensure the ongoing success of the Club. The role requires a 24/7 operational responsibility including weekends and some evenings. While generally involving a five day a week attendance, the position requires flexibility and the GM must present during key competitions, functions and events, including Saturdays and public holidays. Days off may be granted in lieu of pay to cover specific periods of excessive operational requirements.
Remuneration will be negotiated commensurate with skills and experience and includes future benefits with demonstrable success.
Applicants must include a current resume with a brief covering letter and references
Please apply with a CV and a Cover Letter outlining your suitability for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date 28 May 2018.
*Applicants must already have the right to work in Australia.