Brighton Lakes Recreation & Golf Club is well advanced in its redevelopment into a vibrant centre for social activity in the South West suburbs. Having recently opened a new Clubhouse & Function Centre the Club is well positioned for future prosperity.
Located in Moorebank adjacent to the Georges River the Club offers significant opportunity for an astute business manager to join its Operations Team and work with the Board to continue to develop the Clubhouse & Golf Course.
The club is seeking a dynamic, member-focused individual to take on the role of General Manager. The successful applicant will be responsible for directing and managing the Club to ensure its commercial viability in the long term through the provision of high quality and cost effective services to members under the policies set by the Board of Directors.
The General Manager will provide a high level of leadership throughout all facets of the Club’s operations by providing effective control in all financial areas, growing membership and providing excellent member services, and overseeing total staffing and facility management. The Club is also highly committed to providing best practise environmental management in its day-to-day operations.
The position includes effectively managing department heads to provide the highest level of service required in Administration, Golf Course Management, Golf Operations (including Pro Shop), Functions, Food and Beverage.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate skills & experience:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Financial Management & Reporting
- A high level of proficiency in computer systems
- A high standard of work ethic
- A commitment to member service at all levels of operation including regular personal communication and interaction
- Performance of duties with enthusiasm, professionalism and integrity
- A strong understanding of financial management
- A high standard of personal presentation
- Liquor & Gaming Compliance and Corporate Compliance
Applicants should also have:
- Experience in operational and strategic planning
- Strong leadership, negotiation and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in management at a senior level
- A good understanding and appreciation of the game of golf
- Experience in a service oriented member’s club
- Experience in managing Catering Contracts & Function Centres
An attractive salary package will be negotiated with the successful candidate.
To apply go to: http://bit.ly/2qaIEBA