A great opportunity exists for a developing manager to lead the team at this unique golf club.
Perched high on the cliff tops, with views across Western Port to Phillip Island and the rugged Bass Strait coastline, The Flinders Golf Club provides one of Australia’s true coastal golf course experiences.
Since 1903, the Club has provided members and guests with high-quality facilities, services and memorable experiences – including an 18-hole golf course, lawn bowls and a clubhouse providing stunning panoramic views with accompanying hospitality and event services.
With an emphasis on improving operational performance, building membership and broadening the club’s offer to develop revenue opportunities, the club is ideally placed for growth and continued success.
You will be actively involved in all aspects of the club and responsible for all operations. Your broad responsibilities and priorities will be:
- Providing leadership, supervision, training and support to staff and contractors;
- Ensuring the provision and development of the club’s facilities and services – the golf course, hospitality, events, marketing, communications, finance, administration and golf services (contract);
- Working with committee in developing, enacting and reviewing strategic plans, and implementing policies as approved;
- Efficient and effective management; and
- Driving the club’s financial performance and position.
To be successful with this appointment, you will possess the following key performance attributes:
- Demonstrated leadership with a hands-on approach focusing on delivering quality member and guest experiences, and a high-performing service team;
- Experience in the management and quality delivery of hospitality and/or golf facilities and services;
- A proven track record in growing membership and revenue (golf green fees, hospitality and events) including the effective use of technology;
- Successful execution of strategic and annual business plans; and
- Be highly capable at financial, administration and compliance management.
You will possess excellent organisational skills with a willingness and versatility to work collaboratively with the club’s committees, employees and contractors.
Also, it is essential you will be a friendly, independent and motivated person with strong communication and personal skills that match the club’s culture.
Golf management experience is desirable. However, if you are currently employed outside the golf industry and possess the other key performance attributes as identified, then you are strongly encouraged to apply.
An appropriate remuneration package will be offered commensurate with the role.
Applications are being managed by WellPlayed Golf Business Consultancy and close on Friday 5 August.
Please e-mail your application, including an explanation of how your skills and experience satisfy the key performance attributes, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, please contact Guy Chapple from WellPlayed on 0417 034 684 or via email as referenced