North Ryde Golf Club is a privately owned golf club in Sydney’s north-western suburbs. The Club provides members, guests and the local community with first-rate golfing, clubhouse and catering facilities.
An exciting opportunity exists for an Accounts & Payroll Officer to join this prestigious Club. With a turnover circa $4.5 million and membership of around 2,500, the Club has maintained its proud tradition and heritage whilst responding to the changing needs of its members.
Reporting to the General Manager, this position has a broad focus incorporating much more than pure accounting and would suit an enthusiastic, dynamic and adaptable individual who will work amongst a small office team.
Responsibilities of the Role include:
- monthly management reporting including Profit & Loss, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow and analysis to support critical decision making;
- Attending monthly meetings with the Finance Committee of the Board to review & explain the results working closely with the General Manager to ensure accurate budget tracking, forecasting and KPI development;
- responsibility for the finance function, including AP, AR, payroll and IT support;
- maintaining the asset management register;
- ensuring compliance obligations across the Club;
- proactively driving continuous improvements in the Club’s financial systems and processes.
Criteria for the Successful Candidate
- A relevant Accounting or Business qualification
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience gained in either a Chartered Accounting or commercial environment
- Highly developed customer service ethos
- Ability to work as part of a diverse team
- Initiative, discretion & judgement
- Strong time management and effective organisational skills with the ability to achieve work deadlines
- Ability to work autonomously to provide meaningful reports & commercial recommendations to the General Manager
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Experience in the golf industry, or Club environment highly desired but not essential
- Highly proficient with the Microsoft Office programs
- Experience using Micropower software in essential
If this sounds like you, please send your application including a cover letter explaining how you meet the criteria, and your resume to Jason Atkins – General Manager by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
An attractive salary package and benefits will be offered to the successful candidate.
Job Start Date: November 2016
Closing Dates for Applications: 26 October 2016