Springwood Country Club is a glorious 18 hole golf course nestled in the lower Blue Mountains including the only squash court facility in this area. The club has recently undergone a refurbishment program of the clubhouse and course equipment whilst initiating a new phase of business growth.
The club facilities include balcony & indoor bistro dining, a modern bar, an attractive auditorium, gaming and Keno facilities together with social activities including squash, darts and indoor bowls.
We require a General Manager to assist in taking the club to the next level and fully developing its potential within the community. Our current General Manager has been a major asset but now wishes to change industries. As a result our progressive Board seeks the employment of a competent person who has experience as a leader in the hospitality industry and would like the opportunity to join a friendly club community with growth potential.
The 1100 strong membership are very supportive of the improvements and progress we have achieved during the past two years. We intend to continue with this development in cooperation with the successful applicant.
- Overall Management of the daily operations of the Club and its facilities.
- Provide effective leadership, management and training of staff.
- Financial Management and reporting including budget preparation and compliance.
- Work with the Board to develop and implement strategies to grow the business.
- Management of Club Contracts (e.g. Catering, Pro Shop).
- Ensure an enjoyable Member / Guest experience in all contacts with the Club.
- Develop, implement and manage an entertainment, activities and promotions strategy.
- Manage relations and communications with all stakeholders including members, Board, committees, staff, contractors, visitors and suppliers.
- Act as Secretary of the Club.
To be considered for this role the successful applicant will demonstrate:
- Hospitality experience including gaming operations, catering, bar, and club promotions
- Experience with applications including but not limited to: MYOB, Slice and Commcash, or the ability to quickly learn these programs.
- Strong cash flow and capital expenditure knowledge.
- Must have RSA and RCG and carry out all Secretary duties of the Club to comply with legislation and regulations.
- The ability to produce accurate and timely reports for the Board.
- The ability to be part of the Executive decision-making process including Strategic Planning.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to liaise with members and visitors so they have a positive experience while enjoying our Club’s facilities.
- A ‘can do’ attitude and the ability to ‘stamp your mark’ on the Club to drive it forward.
A salary/incentive package will be negotiated with the successful applicant. Applications close Friday 3rd March.
If you are looking for a new challenge and have the experience to lead a busy Club, Please apply through the advertisement on the White Now website by clicking here: http://bit.ly/2kXNfZE