Shelly Beach Golf Club is located on the NSW Central Coast and situated on the undulating hills overlooking Shelly Beach. It is a designated ‘Iconic site’ and is less than an hours’ drive from the Sydney Metropolitan area. The Club features an 18-hole golf course, a club-operated professional golf shop, and a clubhouse with 34 gaming machines, 2 function areas, a specialised outdoor wedding ceremony area, 2 bar areas, members’ lounge, keno and tab facilities, and a brasserie/restaurant currently managed by a contract caterer.
The Club has 1,200 golfing members including over 100 Juniors and Cadets. There are over 8,000 social members and this number increases significantly during holiday periods. There are strong links with the local community. The setting is ideal for all types of functions, including weddings, party celebrations and corporate golf days and this is a big part of the business. There are about 60,000 rounds of golf played on the course annually, co-ordinated by our Director of Golf as part of club management.
The Board of Directors of Shelly Beach Golf Club are seeking applications for the position of General Manager.
While there has been significant growth in turnover over the last decade, the Board still considers the Club to be in the expansion phase of their business cycle.
As such the position will require:
- strong change management skills
- sound financial management with a business mindset
- and excellent people management skills.
The General Manager will be responsible for the overall delivery of the Club’s Strategic Plan, goals and targets, with the capacity to grow the business in a competitive environment. The successful candidate will be a dedicated and professional person holding all the necessary prerequisite experience and certifications that are required within the industry. The General Manager will ensure that the Club’s financial, legal, environmental and social responsibilities are met.
The successful applicant must be able to:
- Lead and motivate a diversified team across all facets of club operations relating to the clubhouse, golf shop and the golf course.
- Implement all aspects of the Club’s Strategic Plan and Policies.
- Take responsibility for the day to day management of the Club.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Manage the budget effectively to minimize expenditure and reduce debt.
- Enhance revenue through marketing initiatives to increase patronage and visitor frequency.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of all industry specific legislation and regulations governing licensed premises. This includes a sound knowledge of compliance for hospitality operations.
Previous experience at a Golf club would be highly regarded but is not essential.
An attractive remuneration package will be negotiated commensurate with qualifications, experience and skills.
What an opportunity! Send your application and Resume through the APPLY NOW button on the White Now website here: http://www.whitenow.com.au/v3/positions/viewposition-sbg101a
Enquiries regarding this role can be directed to Jenny White (from White Now) on 0417 223 286 or email@example.com