Kareela Golf and Social Club Ltd/ Kareela Golf Course Operations PL is a busy golf and social club, with 700 golfing members and 5000 social members, located in the Sutherland Shire. With our picturesque but challenging course, the Club offers a great day out followed by a visit to our friendly and relaxing ‘state of the art’ clubhouse which boasts 3 lounge areas, restaurant, coffee shop, kid’s club, function centre and a conference room for 20 as well as regular functions and events, operated by our external caterers.
Now looking for an experienced General Manager to take the reins of the Club, lead our 60 dedicated staff and accept this challenging role, which will require a self-starter who is motivated to succeed!
The Club is about to embark on a joint venture, with a view to developing our premises, therefore, the successful applicant will need to have the ability to liaise with relevant stakeholders including Council and Builders etc. and experience in Project Management will be a distinct advantage. It’s an exciting time to take the lead of the Club and get involved in this fantastic project!
The successful candidate will be:
- A passionate, dedicated and professional person holding all the necessary prerequisite experience and certifications that are required within the industry
- Fully conversant with modern trends in operating an 80 machine gaming installation
- Fully conversant with the mainstream systems operated within the club and hospitality industry
- Able to manager cashflow
- Previous experience at a Golf Club would be highly regarded but is not essential
Duties will include:
- Overall responsibility for managing the club and course operations including the Pro Shop.
- Presentation of monthly accounts
- Computer literacy essential with experience in MYOB, WageEasy, eBET & Generate an advantage
- Development and implementation of club strategies
- Development of policies and procedures
- Be an active member of various Board sub committees
- Revenue enhancement through marketing initiatives and cost control
- Be proactive in change implementation
- Support and guidance to the Board
- Negotiations with internal and external stakeholders.
The successful candidate will also:
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Have the ability to multi task and
- Have experience managing all facets of a licensed club operations
Remunerations will be negotiated commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Please apply through the advertisement on the White Now website by clicking here: http://bit.ly/2943eiC