GMA is committed to protecting the privacy of any personal information we hold about our members in accordance with Australian Privacy Laws and in particular the Privacy Act 1988 (CTH).
What Personal Information does GMA collect?
The type of personal information we collect and hold may include information such as:
- member’s name, telephone or facsimile numbers, address, email address, contact details, gender, occupation, role and other information relevant to membership of GMA.
- information about preferences for products and services that may be interesting to our members.
How does GMA collect my Personal Information?
We collect personal information directly from you when you:
- Complete membership application forms
- Complete applications for attendance at various functions held by GMA
- Participate in competitions or promotions conducted by GMA or one of our promotional partners
- Participate in a survey
- Access or request information from our website
- Make payments to GMA
How does GMA use my Personal Information?
We use your personal information for purposes including, but not limited to:
- Managing the affairs of GMA and helping members maximise the benefits of membership
- Providing members with information about the services of GMA including events, functions and other activities
- Internal administrative, marketing, planning, product development or research
- To improve the operation and navigation of the GMA website
We will not disclose your personal information to any person except on a confidential basis to agents and/or to companies or businesses who we use in the ordinary operation of our business. Where your personal information is shared, GMA will ensure that those parties protect your personal information.
Your personal information will be made available to GMA’s official sponsors who may market to you using that information.
We will not otherwise use your personal information unless we have your express or implied consent. Nor will we share your personal information with other organisations unless you have given us your express consent or where sharing such information is otherwise required or permitted by law.
At any time you may opt out of receiving any marketing communications from us or our suppliers by revoking any previous consent provided. In order to revoke such consent you must contact our privacy officer in writing.
Is my Personal Information Secure?
We take reasonable steps to ensure your personal information is secure and protected from risks such as loss, misuse, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. However, no data transmission over the internet is totally secure, hence any information you send via the internet (including email) is sent at your own risk.
GMA has, and will continue to have, data quality procedures in place to check that personal information about members is accurate, complete and up to date and will aim to ensure that information is held securely at all times.
We keep personal information only for so long as the law requires. The measures we undertake may vary with the type of information and how it is collected and stored.
Your Rights of Access and Correction
You may request access to your personal information by writing to the Executive Officer of GMA. You do not have to provide a reason for requesting access. The right of access is subject to certain exceptions by law. If you believe the personal information we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate, you may request an amendment of that information. Any questions about this policy, or any complaint regarding treatment of your privacy by GMA should be made in writing to the address below:
Executive Officer – John Stamp
Golf Management Australia
PO Box 106 Dingley Village VIC 3172
Telephone 0418 395 140
In this policy, “Personal Information” has the same meaning as defined in the Privacy Act. We may change this policy from time to time, including as a result of legislative changes.
Golf Management Australia Limited ABN 28 126 436 404