An exciting opportunity has become available for a dynamic and experienced professional to join Peppers The Sands,Torquay in the role of Golf Operations Manager.
The Sands Golf Course is located at the gateway to the Great Ocean Road on the stunning Surf Coast, Torquay which is known to be one of Victoria’s most popular destinations. The privately-owned, 18-hole championship golf course was designed by Stuart Appleby and has been named as one of the top 100 golf courses in Australia.
The successful applicant will be responsible for the management and strategic direction of the Golf Operations Department.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage the strategic and day-to-day operations of the Golf Department and Pro Shop to ensure all requirements are met.
- Manage the process of golf memberships – provide reports to the Board as required, provide input to the budget process and review monthly reports.
- Lead and develop staff, including conducting regular performance assessments.
- Drive business for Golf Memberships, Corporate and Executive golf events inclusive of marketing and media and manage the operational requirements in preparation of and during these events.
- Manage stock levels and order retail for the pro shop.
- Liaise with other departments to coordinate member/resort events.
- Work with the member’s committee to ensure the member experience is optimal.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be an energetic, motivated, positive and sales driven individual who has a strong operational background in the golfing industry
- Have a proven record in managing a successful operation, including staff management
- Have demonstrated experience in increasing membership numbers or revenue within designated budget.
- Have the ability to build strong and lasting customer relationships with highly-developed customer service skills
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills and effective negotiation skills
- Have the ability to work within budget constraints and the ability to manage multiple and competing deadlines.
- Have the ability to work after hours (attendance at after hours events where necessary)
- Be a very professional, polished, positive and genuine persona with a passion for people.
- Have strong strategic planning skills
If you feel this describes you and you can contribute to the success of The Sands Golf Course, we would love to hear from you. An attractive salary package will be negotiated based on knowledge and experience.
Email your application (cover letter and resume) to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to: HR Manager, Peppers The Sands Resort, 2 Sands Boulevarde, Torquay, VIC, 3228.