An opportunity exists for an enthusiastic accounting/finance professional to join the team at Sorrento Golf Club as the Finance & Operations Manager. Reporting directly to the General Manager, the main role will be to manage the day to day financial operations of all of the Club’s activities along with providing assistance to the General Manager in areas such as implementation of the strategic plan, staff and contractor management, clubhouse maintenance and general support of the daily management of the club. The successful applicant will be tertiary qualified with a finance/accounting major with at least three years experience in a similar role and will ideally have had previous golf club experience in a management position.
Located on the scenic Mornington Peninsula, the Sorrento Golf Club aims to be ‘the Club of Choice on the Mornington Peninsula’. The Club is in a strong financial position, with high demand for membership, a great ‘Member’ culture and one of the best golf courses in Australia. The club prides itself on three core values; committing to excellence; providing a friendly and welcoming environment; and being member focused. All team members that come on board should have similarly aligned values.
A brief summary of tasks include:-
- Financial Control
- Manage the day to day financial operations of the club, including but not limited to; regular financial reporting; preparation and distribution of Member accounts; preparation and management of cash flow; managing operational and capital budgets; daily financial tasks such as reconciliation, ledger entries, charge processing, employee payroll and handling Member enquiries
- Preparation and completion of the Clubs annual financial accounts, including preparation of the Annual Report and managing the audit process
- Strategic Development
- Lead the implementation of a new, fully integrated membership, financial and point of sale system
- Support the General Manager with implementation and coordination of the Club’s Strategic Plan and continue to improve financial and strategic performance reporting.
- Management – Operational, Contractor, OH&S & Clubhouse
- Work closely with the General Manager to assume responsibility for all Contractor, OH&S and Clubhouse Management, ensuring the Clubhouse and surrounds are presented in a manner befitting the Club.
- Manage all aspects of the Club’s requirements in areas such as, but not limited to IT, telecommunications, security and other services.
- Review and negotiate pricing on renewals of various contracts such as insurances, waste removal and power
- In conjunction with the General Manager and OH&S Consultant, ensure all operations of the Club comply with the Occupational Health and Safety Act to ensure a safe working environment for all staff.
- Be prepared to expand responsibilities and involvement in the Club’s golf operations.
- Provide assistance to the General Manager in areas such as , but not limited to, financial reporting, strategic planning, implementation and enforcement of Club decisions and policies, HR and staffing issues and general support of the daily management of the club, facilities, members and/or staff.
- Friendly and welcoming
- Drive, ambition and desire to succeed
- Motivated with a strong work ethic
- Strong attention to detail
- Honesty and integrity
- Team player
- Committed to delivering the best possible service to our Members
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Tertiary qualification in Accounting/Finance. CA/CPA will be highly regarded
- At least three years experience in a similar financial role
- Experience with implementation and development of new systems will be highly regarded
- Strong understanding and experience with different financial systems
- Experience in golf club or member environment highly regarded
- Strong understanding of IT Systems – point of sale, financial, membership and Microsoft Office applications.
Hours of Work:
The role is full time, predominantly Monday to Friday, however some flexibility will be required around club events and staffing requirements and will include some Saturday work.
All applications must include a cover letter demonstrating how you meet the above criteria and a current CV. An attractive salary package will be offered to the successful applicant.
Please address applications and cover letter to:-
Applications close 5.00pm on Friday 26th May, 2017.
Full PD available on request.
Michael Burgess – General Manager
Sorrento Golf Club