The Southport Golf Club on the Gold Coast was founded in 1924. It offers all the facilities of a fully private members’ golf club on its 5806m, 18-hole (par 71) golf course. The golf facilities include a driving range, short game practice area, and fully serviced pro-shop. The Club also provides a full-service food and beverage operation with conference and function areas, Spike Bar, and coffee shop with very experienced service staff on hand. There are no gaming facilities.
The centrally located club has 1500 members and is financially secure with no debt, significant land and cash assets, and a sufficient supply of recycled water. Its status is reflected in the hosting of significant golf events including the annual Schweppes Pro-am, recognised as one of the most prestigious events on the city’s annual golfing calendar.
The primary focus of Southport Golf Club is to provide outstanding facilities for the enjoyment of members and their guests.
Due to the current General Manager accepting a high profile role elsewhere, the position of General Manager for the Club is now vacant. Expressions of interest in the position are now being accepted.
The club is seeking a dynamic, member-focused individual to take on the role of General Manager. The successful applicant will be responsible for directing and managing the Club to ensure its commercial viability in the long term through the provision of high quality and cost effective services to members under the policies set by the Board of Directors.
The General Manager will provide a high level of leadership throughout all facets of the Club’s operations by providing effective control in all financial areas, growing membership and providing excellent member services, and overseeing total staffing and facility management. The Club is also highly committed to providing best practise environmental management in its day-to-day operations.
The position includes effectively managing department heads to provide the highest level of service required in the Administration, the Golf Course, Golf Operations (including Pro Shop), and Food and Beverage areas.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills,
- A high level of proficiency in computer systems,
- A high standard of work performance,
- A commitment to member service at all levels of operation including regular personal communication and interaction,
- Performance of duties with enthusiasm, professionalism and integrity,
- A strong understanding of financial management,
- A high standard of personal presentation.
- Familiarity with Liquor Licensing Laws
Applicants should also have:
- Some experience in operational and strategic planning,
- Strong leadership, negotiation and problem solving skills,
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in management at a senior level,
- A good understanding and appreciation of the game of golf.
- Experience in a service oriented member’s club.
An attractive salary package will be negotiated with the successful candidate.
The Expression of Interest must include a Cover Letter and CV. It is to be sent by email Attention: Mike Orloff at email@example.com..
Applications will strictly close at 5pm on Friday 19 May 2017.
* Please no phones calls will be accepted at this time. All applicants must already have the right to work in Australia.